2007年11月25日 星期日

Ratatouille


A rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great French chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic profession. When fate places Remy in the sewers of Paris, he finds himself ideally situated beneath a restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau. Despite the apparent dangers of being an unlikely - and certainly unwanted - visitor in the kitchen of a fine French restaurant, Remy's passion for cooking soon sets into motion a hilarious and exciting rat race that turns the culinary world of Paris upside down. →"Ratatouille"http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808490293/details
1.Summarize what the article is talking about:
In one of Paris, finest restaurants, Remy, a determined young rat, dreams of becoming a renowned French chef. Torn between his family's wishes and his true calling, Remy and his pal Linguini set in motion a hilarious chain of events that turns the City of Lights upside down. Ratatouille is a treat you'll want to enjoy again and again.
2.Write down any vocabulary words or phrases that you think:

i. Are difficult or you new to you:1)Sewer. 2)Culinary.
ii. Are probably useful for you to learn/know:A rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great French chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic profession.
3.Say why you chose this article and how it relates to your life, your experience, you desires, etc:
In my opinion, this is the best animation that I've ever seen. It's funny and the view of Paris is very vivid. I want to go to Paris this winter vacation, for lacking money I don't know whether I can go or not. Now I've seen this movie, it let me feel I get more and more desirous to go to Paris. Oh, God, I wish I could go to Paris. I've heard the view there are just beautiful, so I want to see the view in person.

1 則留言:

Grandfather Hu 提到...

Dear Irene,

I spent just four days in Paris, and I loved the city. You really ought to go. When I went there I didn't have much money, so I ate "cheaply"--everyday, every meal, I ate baguette sandwiches. But I was in heaven!

Best,
Tim 胡迪