2007年11月15日 星期四

The Brave One


  New York radio host Erica Bain has a life that she loves and a fiancé she adores. All of it is taken from her when a brutal attack leaves Erica badly wounded and her fiancé dead. Unable to move past the tragedy, Erica begins prowling the city streets at night to track down the men she holds responsible. Her dark pursuit of justice catches the public's attention, and the city is riveted by her anonymous exploits. But with the NYPD desperate to find the culprit and a dogged police detective hot on her trail, she must decide whether her quest for revenge is truly the right path, or if she is becoming the very thing she is trying to stop.→"The Brave One"http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808721621/details


1.Summarize what the article is talking about:
  This movie is talking about a tragic fact which can't be accepted. Erica starts to slink on the night street in order to find the real murderer and he should answer for this tragic.Now she pursuits justice by herself, but it attracts everyone. Everyone in the whole city seems to contemplate her brave behavior.

2.Write down any vocabulary words or phrases that you think:
i. Are difficult or you new to you: 1)Brutal. 2)Prowl. 3)Rivet. 4)Anonymous. 5)Exploit. 6)Culprit.
ii. Are probably useful for you to learn/know:And the city is riveted by her anonymous exploits.

3.Say why you chose this article and how it relates to your life, your experience, you desires, etc:  
  "The brave one". It's really a fantastic movie, I think. In this movie, I don't know whether or not Erica's behavior is right or wrong. Maybe most of people may think she is commiserative and support her, but it is nor allowed by law. I think it's an fantastic movie because the actress, Jodie foster, acts very vivid. She shows the feeling of helpless, and it really touches my mind. I think if I lost my lover, I will also feel hepless and sorrowful. However, she is really brave, I indeed adore her.

1 則留言:

Grandfather Hu 提到...

Hi Irene,

I think based on your review I will see this film when it comes out on DVD. I'm quite enamored of Jodie Foster's work.

Best,
Tim 胡迪